Friday, April 29, 2011

$30 million for a wedding? Really?

I have to admit I'm among those who arose at the crack of dawn to watch Kate and Wills finally get hitched after 10 years of dancing around it, and I wasn't disappointed.

The elegant and classic wedding gown, colorful pageantry, angelic children's choirs, formal ceremony, and fancy garb of the guests at the Royal Wedding was all I imagined it to be. And the hats? Well, they were just crazy ...

But then I got to thinking about the cost of this whole affair, and had to wonder how anyone, regardless of wealth and status, could justify spending an estimated $30 million on a wedding when so many people the world-over are hungry and without shelter.

I mean, after all the natural disasters, and the nose-diving world economy, can you really keep a straight face while eating Biscuit Cake that probably cost more than my entire year's rent?

Now mind you I don't begrudge them a nice wedding, and I wish them the very best of everything. But don't you think they could have eloped and donated all that cash instead? Just sayin' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment